8.20.2011

Thrifty.

I've always been a garage sale and thrift store lover. My mom and I have been hitting up garage sales since I can remember and I get my love of thriftiness from her. I love to get the most bang for my buck and thats why when I am looking for something, the first place I look is the Goodwill or Arc.

On my way home I saw beautiful made signs ( always a good sign the sale will be good) for a yard sale. I couldn't help but stop by. So I grabbed my emergency spending money and headed over. They didn't have a whole lot that I was interested in. I did stubble upon a box of toy horse for 50cents a piece and I knew Chloe would love them. Come to find out the are vintage horses.  I also snagged a supper cute New York and Co. strapless dress in my size for $1 and a pair of cute shorts for 50cents. Sadly the shorts didn't fit but the dress look ADORABLE.

Because I was on a roll I had the itch to go to Goodwill. I was actually going to look for some sheets to use as fabric but eneded up betting lost in the the cookbooks. Normally there are crap cookbooks like a 1980's version of a Diabetic Cookbook. Today I hit a landline. First i found 1001 Cookie Recipes by Gregg R. Gillespie. My Aunt has this book and I have always wanted it. I got it for $2.25. When I got home I found out it was a autographed copy! Score! Next I found cute little book Birthday Cakes by Kathryn Kleinman which I knew would fit right in with my collection at home. Lastly is the book I am overjoyed about. Better Homes and Garden's New Cook Book. I absolutely pristine copy for $1. My mom has this cookbook and has wore it to shambles because of how often she uses it. Many of my families most favorite recipes are from this book. I think my mom wants to steal the new copy from me ;) I am so so so very excited to start cooking with it !


The book fit great with my collection!


What are your favorite thrift finds?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment