8.22.2011

Applesauce-Nut-Rasin Cookies

We have had this half full jar of applesauce in the back of our fridge since Jack's food fight party. i knew it was going to be thrown away soon, because of how clean my mom keeps our fridge, so I was determined to find some use for it. After a little searching I found a easy Applesauce cookie recipe in my new 1001 Cookie Recipes. This recipe ended up being exactly what I was looking for and it has been a hit around the house tonight. I have had three and thats saying a lot, because this is not my kinda cookie.

I drizzled them hot out of the oven with a basic powder sugar and water glaze and sprinkled with brown sugar.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 salt
1/2 vegetable shortening 
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon warm water
1 cup unsweetened applesauce 
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup raisins 

 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets. Combine the flour, spices and salt. In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg. Dissolve the baking soda in the warm water and add to the creamed mixture, beating until smooth. Beat in the applesauce. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in walnuts and raisins. Drop the dough by the spoonful onto the baking sheets. Bake fore 15- 20 minutes or until lightly colored ( I found it was only about 11 minutes.) Cool. Drizzle with glaze. Enjoy! 




Bon Appétit! 





No comments:

Post a Comment