8.19.2011

Dark Circles.

 I beginning to look like a new mom with a newborn who wont sleep. These dark circles are creeping up under my eyes. For some reason to day, I am incredibly tired and fussy on top of it. I've been mildly cranky all day just because I need a break from this never-ending summer. Is it sad to say that I'm looking forward to school because then I can rest? I think i've got it backwards.

Today was so long. I felt like it would never end.

Work was work. We are prepping for the Open House and we are far from ready if you ask me. But I just keep quiet and do what I am asked ( and even what Im not asked to do.) Today my task was to finish the mammoth buliten board in the new circle time room.  I had no help except a 9 year old to tell me if I was putting it straight. I looked like i was fighting a great white as I attempted to staple the massive paper up onto the wall. And I swear I fixed the boarder at least 5 times because it was a crooked as prison inmate. It ended up look pretty cute though.


And here is the updated version of the other one.


After a LONG couple hours of that, I headed back to Mrs. B's classroom to help her finish up some stuff. I wrote the kids names on name tags, made the classroom job chart and finished the library.. finally. 

Rushed home from there and took Tino to Bath and Body Works because he really wanted to get my mom something. So we smelled all the candles in the shop about 80 times. Most of them were really weird scents like frosted cupcake or leaves.. mostly nauseating scents. He ended up picking out some yummy scents for her:) 

It is Tino's last night here, so we went to a BBQ with all the french kids and their host families. The BBQ was at an AMAZING BEAUTIFUL house up on a hill in Lincoln. It was seriously a dream house. Tino said " I can dream.." 


 It mostly consisted of high school girls running around in their little bikinis with their chachkas hanging out all over the place and the little high school boys trying to get real close to them. The hot dogs were cold too.


Mom sat in water.






As I write this blog, I am reminded of why I love my family and friends. My family is playing Yahtzee with Tino and they are screaming bloody murder and running around the house every time they get a Yahtzee. Jordan is accompanying me over Skype as he does every night when I blog but this time he is sending me videos like this:



I just don't know what I would do with out these people who make my life so complete. Who bring me joy, laughter and love each and everyday. And even on days like this where I am completely crabby with all of them, I love them with all my heart. 

Until Next Time,

Crabby Cakes Camilla 



No comments:

Post a Comment