9.25.2011

Yard Work, Dancing, Pirates, oh my..

Some days are good, some days are bad and some days are like to today and you know you will be talking about it for weeks. 

Hailey and I joined our church for a really cool neighborhood restoration project today. Denver Community Church (DDC) teamed up with a local organization, Extreme Community Makeover, to help people in the community get projects done around the outside of their house, that they normally couldn't get done on their own. Stuff like repainting, yard work and other more labor intensive projects. Hailey, a girl named Katherine and I worked on Mickie's house. 


She was taking care of her grandkids and didn't really have time to get to her dirt yard willed with weeds. I didn't get a picture of the before, but here is us working and the finish product. 






She was a very sweet lady and was so grateful for all of our hard work. I love the feeling of helping someone and feeling their pure gratitude. It just feels right. I wish everyone would feel that way because maybe then we would help each other more..


After our labor intensive morning, Hails, Jordan and I had plans to check out Boulder during the day, since last week we went on a whim at night. We happened to go on the perfect day because they were having a huge fall festival with bands, booths, and plenty of street perfumers. 

We started off at Crepes A La Cart, a chill little crepe shop that would pretty much whip up any thing you wanted. Our mouths were watering at the sight of our little treat.







We went down to Pearl St. and walked in and out of the shops. My two favorites were a book store and a kitchen store. Really, does that surprise you? LOL.

Bookstore, is an amazing 3 store book store with a bajillion books of every shape and kind. I bought a cook book called "Sweet!" Again.. does that surprise you. 


In my dream life, my whole kitchen would be filled with every item in, Peppercorn. Seriously, the three of us being Culinary students drooled at the sight of every cookbook, kitchen gadget and food item in this store. I mean look at all these cookbooks! I'm in baking-book heaven! 

And of corse we couldn't pass up the abundance of street performers.. Jugglers, wooden pipe instrument playing, 12 violinist, the drumming guy and the tight rope walker. 









We found some cook animal sculptures too!



And a Beatles Tribute band..

But finally, just as we are about to head out we stumble upon this OUTSTANDING, indie band named, Churchill. Seriously, they were crazy good. So good we stood there and watched their two hour show, bought their cd, Hails bought a shirt, met and talked with the band for like 15 minutes and Jordan got all their autographs. They will be famous one day. 


Excuse the crappy photo. 

But the real entertaining part of tonight was the wild old hippy-people dancing. Seriously there was some guy ( who was tripping on something, FOR SURE.) who had no shirt on and sparkly pants who was rocking back and forth to the music for two hours..




Then a man on roller skates who, had light up gloves. His name was Dennis we came to find out. He even got invited on stage..


Even a guy who SERIously looked like Numan from Seinfeld! He had this funky dance going on were he would like chicken walk or something! 

Thats him in the pink shirt..

There was a troupe of Pirates out tonight..

All I know is that you can be who you want to be in Boulder. if you wanna were a ballon hat you wear one, if you wanna dance like no ones watching dance, and if you wanna be a pirate, for god's sake just be one. I think i'll just stick with what i've got going for me though.. thanks anyways Boulder.

Until Next Time,

Jasmine 




2 comments:

  1. Nice work on the yard Jazzy. I don't recall you ever doing yard work around our house... LOL

    Seriously, thank you for blessing the community. Your treasures are being stored up in heaven!

    What can I say about Boulder!?! I spent my fair share of time there... Watch for the Mall Crawl near Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yard work is pretty much my least favorite thing in the whole world.

    I LOVE BOULDER. Seriously. its so awesome. Whats mall crawl?! I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete