10.25.2011

Magic Carpet Bag

Do you remember watching Mary Poppins as a kid and thinking how the heck she pulled lamps and plants and other ridiculous things out of her bag? I did. I wanted one of those bags so bad. I wanted to be able to pull out a pet bunny or cherry dipped ice cream cone.

I've never really like carrying around bags. Depending on size they can get big and bulky, or they fall off your shoulder. So I went in search, for a very long time, to find the perfect shoulder sling bag with lot of pockets and looked like the really expensive messenger bags from Urban Outfitters. Apparently, those bags don't really exist, just like the Mary Poppins bag, not for cheap anyways. At least I thought... then I found this brilliantly perfect bag at a garage sale this summer.
Guess how much it cost me.. NOTHING. Not a penny. The strap was broken but just had to be tied up. I have been using it ever since. And here is where my lovely bag resides every day..
This bag is my magic carpet bag. I can hold everything I need during the day at work, on the road, on the town and probably stuff that has no purpose. And I mean everything..


You know they say that you can tell a lot about a woman by the contents of their purse, who they are, what they do. Look and see if you can tell who I am. 

Front Pockets
Ipod and Headphones
Sunglasses
Spare Change
Tootsie Roll Wrapper
Sample Tea
ID card
Fortune Cookie Fortune 
Some Frightmear thing from school
Hai rtie 
Phone 
Moister Lock Chapstick 

Inside Pocket

First Aid tote: Lotion, Lactacid, Bandaids, Tide2Go
Pencils 
Movie Ticket stub 
Chapstick 


Large Pocket

Mac Book 
Recipe Book 
Homework 
Reading Book 
Bible 
UNO
Colored Pencils 
Wallet exploding with receipts
Charger 
Keys 
Camera ( not shown)

I wonder to myself how I fit all of it in there sometimes. I can just keep pulling things out of my bag for any situation. ( Except when someone needs something useful like a tissue instead of a card game..) But by my bag you know me You can  tell I am a student, I work with kids, I like to read, I like chapstick, I'm cautious, I'm lactose intolerant, I'm a Christian, I'm a Photographer, I'm a Mac lover, and on and on and on. 

I'm curious to know what all of you have stashed in your bags and what each item says about you. You might surprise yourself with something you find, I was:) 

Until Next Time,

Jasmine 









No comments:

Post a Comment