1.06.2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Time

I not the type of person who can eat a spoonful of peanut butter like my roommate, Hailey. Peanut butter is one of those food that is good with limits. But, anytime there are those mini Reece's cups are around, I cant control myself. So when I saw a recipe for a homemade peanut butter cup on Pinterest ( told you I'm obsessed), I couldn't resist.

I mean look at this..


That is perfection wrapped in a cupcake liner. 

This homemade variation of Reece's, has a much more natural taste, but certainly does not lack in richness. Contrary to the processed goodie, you really only need one maybe two to satisfy your sweet tooth. I chose to use dark chocolate instead of milk and made both minis and king sized!



Perfect Peanut Butter Cups*

Ingredients/Supplies:

-mini cupcake tin
-mini cupcake liners 
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips 
-1 tablespoon oil
-1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter 
-2 tablespoons butter 
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar 
-3/4 cup powdered sugar ( I ended up using a little more to thicken the filling up) 

Line the cupcake tin with the liners.

In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate with the oil. Start with 30 seconds then stir, melt another 30 and stir and repeat until smooth. Spoon a tablespoon or so of chocolate into the bottom of the liners and give a little shake to even it out. Refrigerate. 

While that is chilling, make the peanut butter filling. In a microwave safe bowl melt peanut butter, brown sugar, and butter together. Add powdered sugar 1/4 at a time and stir until you have a nice thick, creamy batter. Shape the filling into small balls then flatten into disks. Place these in each chocolate filled liner. 

Pour remaining chocolate on top of each disk. Once you have filled each liner give the tin a tap on the counter to help the chocolate settle. Refrigerate this until firm. 


You are never gonna want to eat another sugar filled, processed peanut butter cup again after you have a taste of these. 

I also tried, keyword being tried,to make peppermint patties, but my chocolatering skills failed me.. I ended up with a hot mess.. It tasted good tho! 



Some how you were lucky enough to get not one but two recipes in one week! That never happens. Don't expect that to happen again.. haha!

 I hope you enjoy! 

Happy Baking,

Jasmine 




No comments:

Post a Comment