1.06.2012

Molten Microwave Magic

I constantly have a sweet tooth. I crave chocolate and goodies all the time, which usual results in me pouring chocolate chips in a cup with milk and scooping it out with a spoon. Weird, I know. 
I felt like making something sweet but was definitely too lazy to actually bake something. I knew that I have some recipes pinned on Pinterest (which btw is my new best friend for any type of inspiration!) for a microwave cake. 
Being a baker, I was naturally hesitant when I read you could make a cake in 5 minutes and in the microwave.. There are just so many things wrong with that idea! Alas, I caved in and had to see for myself if this was actually possible. 
I found the pin on my Pinterest and it sent me over to the blog 2 Stews, in which I give the credit to for this molten microwave magic. This recipe is seriously fool proof! 


1-2-3 Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake 


3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa 
4 tablespoons sugar 
1 tablespoon flour
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons egg whites or plain egg whites in carton
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon chocolate chips* 
* As a variation, substitute almond extract for vanilla. Also, you can change the chocolate chips to any flavor chips you like. 

In a 1- 1 1/2 cup microwave safe mug, ( I ended up using a really large mug), blend cocoa, sugar and flour together.


Add milk, oil egg whites and vanilla. Stir vigorously for 2 minutes, making sure to get all ingredients incorporated.

Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, if desired. (Yes, PLEASE!) 

 Bake in microwave for 2 minutes. Check to makes sure it is cooked on the bottom by lifting it a little with a spoon. If it is runny, cook 10 seconds more. Do not overcook, or it will turn rubbery. It puffs up and may overflow but that is ok, it deflates a bit when cooled. You want the texture to be moist and slightly under cooked. Let it cool until warm and serve! 


I ended up drizzling chocolate syrup on top, but you can put what ever you want. Whipped cream, carmel, butterscotch, anything will work! 

For the amount of time it took to whip this sucker up it was AMAZING. This recipe has gone on my go-to recipes for a quick pick me up, forrrr suree. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!


Toodledo and Enjoy,

Jasmine 


No comments:

Post a Comment