5.25.2012

Home Sweet Home- Summer Edition



Look at these little men!

So I've definitely been meaning to write this post for the last 5 days and just never made time to get to it. Summer is in full blast and I trying to live it up as much as possible before I start nannying the boys 40 hours a week. EKK! If I have no hair by the end of the summer, its probably because I pulled it all out from these two 11 year olds. They moved onto sixth grade last night at a continuation ceremony at school.  As Mr. Love, one of my middle school teachers, used to say, once you hit sixth grade you become jaded and apathetic.. is that really what I have to look forward to all summer?!












This week I also finally moved into my "Summer Home." No, I don't have a fancy summer cabin down my the lake, although I wish.

Afte living out of my car and being practically homeless for a weekend I was so ready to move into "The Rosemary House" (what we call the house.. cause we live on Rosemary street, creative right?;))

I am just subletting a room from a girl who just needed a place holder for the summer so it worked out perfect. What's even better is she left her bed, desk, dresser and bookshelf! She also left a few pictures hanging, so out of respect I kept them up and worked them into my design! 

Here it is!
Art: Pre-exisiting (its crooked!?)
Bedding: Garage Sale $15
Throw Blanket: Ross $ 10
Pillow: Garage Sale $2


Office nook

Cork board: Walmart $10
(decorated with free paint samples  and thumbtacks!) 
The desk had no storage except for a little alcove in the back. So got creative and  took some old mason jars to place pens, pencils, etc. Best thing is they fit perfect and keep my desk from getting cluttered.

Mason Jars: King Soopers $15 for 20
I also used some vintage muffin tins I got at a garage sale for $2 last summer for the smaller desk items and hair ties. 




Art/Dresser: Pre-exisitng
Cookbooks: All over!
Fan: Target $6 (SALE!)
 
I'm absolutely loving the closet space too. It's not quite a walk in but certainly big enough! 



Basket: Target $8
Blanket:Handmade by me!

Storage Bins: Dollar Tree $1 ea.


I am loving the chance to decorate and organize all my stuff all over again. Obviously, I'm having fun with it. 

Luckily, I dont have to put everything in my room and I can store a lot of it in the basement.. Look at all this crap! 


And of course I needed a corny mirror picture of myself in my new room..

Until Next Time,

Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment