3.15.2012

"I think my underwear are on backwards?"

For the past two weeks I have been waking up at 5am to leave for my internship by 5:20. 15 minutes of that time I spend sitting in the shower, struggling to keep my eyes open. Usually after that I get dressed in the dark( so I don't wake up Hails) and half asleep. By the time I get to my internship at the Inverness Hotel and get to my locker, I am alert enough to realize that my underwear are on either inside out, backwards and yes even on sideways. I never cease to amaze myself with the amount of ways I put on my underwear when I am half asleep. I've even managed inside  out and backwards. The moral of the story is, I will be wearing my underwear like this for the rest of my life, because that is the price you pay when you choose a profession where you have to be up before the rosters.

I started my internship last Tuesday ( I realize I am a little behind here) at the Inverness Hotel here in Denver. I had no clue what to expect. I have never worked in a bakery or a hotel or even had a job that I have had to pay taxes out of my pay check. The concept of going to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week ( including Saturday and Sunday), without getting paid was, well, not my favorite concept to grasp but one that I had to except as my reality. I knew I had to go into this experience with an open mind and the realization that between work and this internship, I would never be sleeping.

The first day arrived and it went smoothly. No hiccups, no screw ups, no chef screaming in my face, which was a far cry from what I expected. NAd its been the same ever since!

It's been non-stop over here. I am working 7 days a week between nannying and my internship, a lot of days working both. But after these first two weeks, I'm getting the hang of it. I am not as tired, enjoying my time both places, and learning so much!

My boss at my internship told me today that she was extremely impressed with my work ethic, my cleanliness and my efficiency. She told me that I am the type of worker that she like having, and hinted at a job opportunity when I am finished with my internship!

Regrettably, I haven't ben taking very many pictures. There just isn't time to stop and take pictures at the rate we are working but here are a few of my products!

10 of the 400 plated Turtle Cheesecakes

Blueberry Tartlets 



Pat of Sunday Brunch buffet



Action Station: Peach Melba 

Red Velvet



Bajillions of mini Pastries

For some reason, I haven't really felt compelled to share about my internship on my blog. I apologize, but it's just not something I like writing about. I'm sure every once in a blue moon, you will catch a post about it, but I am going to keep it minimal. But if you ever have any questions feel free to ask!


Until Next Time,

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment