3.03.2012

I Speak for the Trees.



Much of my childhood is defined by my favorite books, many of which were Dr. Seuss.

There is something about the wonderful world of Seuss that has captured the heart of each reader. Parents choose books like Green Eggs and Ham or One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, to put their kids to bed or to spark imagination on a whole new level. Dr. Seuss had a way with words, even if they were nonsense words, that made you giggle, smile, and think a little harder.

I'm not sure how he did it, or how he thunk up wild world and character, but I do know that as a society we will be eternally thankful for his masterpieces. As for me my life would not be the same if I had not read: There's a Wocket in Pocket, Green Eggs and Ham, Cat and the Hat, Oh! The Places You'll Go, and Wacky Wednesday.  I know for a fact that my parents had many of these memorized from the amount of times I asked to hear them.

You know, Dr. Seuss helped me through life and taught me life lessons. He told me to like who I am with books like The Hair Book .  He taught me that I might like new foods if I try them in Green Eggs and Ham. He told me to go far and wide to travel the world in Oh! The Places You'll Go. Treat the world with respect in The Lorax. And most of all, not to let strange talking cats into my house when my parents were out.

I even quoted him next to my senior picture in the year book saying: " Today you are You, that's truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."


He was one special and gifted man. 

Dr. Seuss' birthday was yesterday, as many of you may know and the movie The Lorax came out in his honor today.


I have been dying to see this movie, since I saw the previews months ago. I was so excited that I got the chance to take Jack and Chloe out to see it today. 







Right of the bat the movie was bright, colorful, musical, and funny. It is a star studded cast too, and it was fun to see the celebrities personalities shine through their characters. The story was so sweet and quirky. Most of all, the movie stayed true to the beauty of the original story. I even teared up in the very last scene, which isn't saying much because me crying during movies is a common practice.

All in all, everyone should take the time to go and watch The Lorax.  It was heartwarming, hilarious, and the best movie I have seen all year.

Here is a trailer just in case you haven't seen it!


Happy Birthday to you Dr. Seuss, Thank you for letting your artistry go loose! Thank you for sharing your colorful creations, for  now the whole world can use their own imaginations!

Until Next Time,

Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. you too are colorful and bright
    You too bring your stories to light
    Thank you for sharing your words to our delight

    Love you

    ReplyDelete