12.04.2011

It's starting to look a lot like..

Hello old friend, its been a while! ( If nine days counts as a while...) A lot has happened since I got back to Denver. A little bit of the good the bad and the ugly. So let me catch you up.

You have all heard the song that goes, "It's starting to look a lot like Christmas.." Well, its starting to look like a lot of things right now. I like to play a little game called "Change Christmas songs lyrics into something that pertains to your life right now." Awesome right.  Example: "Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer" turns into  "Jasmine the college student, has no money in her bank accounntt.. and if you saw her balance you'd be like her and sit and pout." See! Awesome.

"Drivinggg in a brown slushy wonderland!" 

Winter has arrived here in Denver. We just finished up our second snow storm this week and the roads are atrocious. Saturday we had about 5 inches of snow, but we still had black ice from the storm earlier in the week. The roads were slushy, slippery and a dirty with brown snow.  I hate getting all the snow off my car, so thank god for awesome boyfriends like Jordan.



Although the roads were nasty, everywhere else looked like a winter wonderland. As I speak its snowing pretty heavily. I feel like i'm trapped in a snow globe!



"Ari the cobra is in the Jungle Book play. He slithers around with his snake friends bound and picks his nose all day." 


I  wasn't joking about the nose picking. 

Saturday, i headed over to Ben and Ari's school to see their production of Jungle Book. They learned the entire play, songs and lines (which was over an hour long), in one week! They were part of a company named Missoula, who travels all over the world doing acting workshops. It was pretty cool! Ari was Kaa the cobra and did a fantastic job!





Ari is the one looking away from me. He didn't want his picture taken..

"You better not laugh, you better not lie, you better like my decorations, I'm telling you why, Jasmine's  poor and wants decorations now."  

I spent most of today making Christmas presents, which I am dying to tell you about, buttt, I know that they people who they are for read this blog avidly.. maybe after Christmas I'll share my fun gift ideas. 
Other than gifts, I had decorating fever. Only problem is all we had was one strand of lights. So thank God for Pinterest for homemade Christmas decorations! 

Coffee Filter Christmas Trees 




I pretty much used whatever I could to make our room a little more seasonal.. Still nothing great. 

"It's starting to look a lot like.. head lice, everywhere you comb."

I wish I was joking, I really really do. The boys I nanny just got over and it and I though I was clear, but much to my surprise when I look in the mirror this morning what do I see. A little lice guy. 

Can I just tell you that sheer panic and instant of pure disgust ran through my body. Never, ever, have I had lice and never EVER did I want it. Through the chaos of my mind, I tried to think of a way to get rid of it then and there and found myself searching home remedies online. 5 minutes later I was poring a whole bottle of olive oil on my head and wrapping it air tight with saran wrap. Oh how I wish I would have taken a picture, but who thinks to take a picture when you are going ballistic over lice. 

Per the advice of my parents I drove over to Walgreens to buy  the lice shampoo. To say the least, it was embarising, especially when the cashier looks at your head and smerks. 

I spent the next hour and a half, washing through my hair and combing it with a fine comb. Also washing every piece of fabric in my room.. Not how I expected to spend my day. 

When Hailey got home, we checked her head too for the "ooggy boogies" ( We dont say the "L" word around here anymore...) 


She was all clear.. lucky duck. 

I made her search my hair again.. I didnt have such luck though..



We would make a game out of this wouldnt we.. LOL!
One last wash with the special shampoo made me look like a "guido" 


Life isn't always what you imagine it to be, but sometimes all you can do is laugh. Thats all I know. 

Until Next Time,

Jasmine 












No comments:

Post a Comment