9.22.2011

Roommate Soul Mate Theory


They always say you will know when you find your soul mate, and in my heart I know that’s true. Not only do I believe that to be true but even more so that you can find your roommate soul mate. It doesn’t require some hokey dating site or blind dates but a little something called destiny. By the grace of God, I found my one and only roommate soul mate.


By now I’m sure half of you have your eyebrows raised in confusion. But the other half of you, the half who has experienced this strange phenomenon, you know just how I feel.  I know this is borderline weird ( maybe past border line..)

This is her: my roommate soul mate.


Meet Hailey Sloan Goding.

Hails gets me just as much as I get her. We finish each other’s thoughts. We don’t even have to talk some times; we just look at each other and get it.  So when I told her I wanted to bring my mattress into the living room to eat cardboard pizza, play Sorry, and watch Superstar (Hailey had never seen it!), hesitation was 0%

And so it began…

First we made smoothies..


Then we pulled out our mattresses…

















Then we pulled out an old classic. I had a coupon for Sorry, but we seriously had to go to like 5 stores to find it. Hails and I were livid that they changed up the board and the little pieces! Keep the classics classic, people!






Me beating her:)

Me winning;)

We chilled for the rest of the night watching Superstar and crashing right there in the middle of the room.

And this, my friends, is why in March when Hailey leaves JWU, I will be devastated. Yes, I will survive, but I know that I will miss my roommate soul mate, confidante, late night snacking friend, but most of all my best friend.


Until next time,

Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment