7.29.2011

All in a days work..

So today I was gonna go to the gym, I really really was. I was walking upstairs to try to drag my mom’s butt to the gym too when I looked into what was formally know as the playroom. (I was going to put a dumb joke about “The artist formally known as Prince” in there, but I’ll pass for your sake.) At this point it was a sad excuse for anything. It’s kind morphed into a movie/video game room because of the projector.
My parents had been talking forever about painting it and putting in a couch. Key word there being “talking.” My dad had patched up the walls last week, and frankly I couldn’t walk past it one more time, with that state its in. Talk is cheap. So at 3:30pm today, I told my mom I’m painting it. NOW.
Good thing my mom was tired of looking at it too. Cause look what we went to get 10 minutes later..

Thats a freaking lot of paint.
But here’s why.. ( The disastrous state of former playroom)

^^ Those ugly curtains took me 20 minutes to get down. Worth every second.


Can I just say that I have nothing to do with those chairs being in the room? They are so tacky.
Anyhowzer. Here is my sloooow progress for today.

Just kidding. haha.
Mommy even helped me out a little:)

Ceiling is finished, and that’s all for today:)

And so I just realized I didn’t even say what we were doing. We are painting the ceiling, the back wall, window wall, and arch wall, this light grey color. The projector screen wall is going to be a dark grey with a red horizontal stripe. We are painting all the accents black (but not this time around).
 We also have some fun ideas to incorporate these cool vintage pop crates! But you’ll just have to wait and see!

In the end, I had lots of paint to scrub off and a soar neck. I’m hopping to finish the room tomorrow!
Until next time,
Painter Peggy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment