4.12.2012

No Cookie Cutters Here


Last post I talked about the little walk I went on and shared some of the photos. Today was my day off and I knew I needed some of that quiet time again so I grabbed my camera and drove over to the boys school an hour early and walked around Cherry Creek shopping district.

Denver is known for their absolutely gorgeous houses. Since I was little I have gawked over the Victorian style houses with deep red brick and huge white columns. One day I hope that I am blessed enough to own one of the stunning brick manors.I know it would make my mom incredibly jealous though :)

Cherry Creek is a little different though. You will not find any cookie cutter houses in this artist district of Denver. People in Cherry Creek are pretentious ( apologizes if you are from the area, but it is mostly true), and it certainly shows in their homes. You will not find one house looking like another. There may be a very angular house and right next door a perfectly manicured Victorian. I was quite inspired by the individuality none the less.

And while I don't claim to be a talented photographer, believe me, I am very amateur, I couldn't help but snap a few shots of the perfectly up-kept homes.


Adoring gates right now.

The only un-manicured lawn in all of Cherry Creek.


Sweet little mini home.. of course attached to a mansion. 





Super Art Deco. 



Geometrical. 



Very misplaced home, yet my favorite.




As you can see all the homes are very different but beautiful in their own way. Kinda like humans. I think thats how it was intended in the first place:) 

This last picture is my favorite of the day. Just sitting on the couch at work admiring the sunlight streaming in.

Until Next Time,

Jasmine 


No comments:

Post a Comment